Thank you for your interest in joining BER! Founded in 2010, BER has quickly become one of the nation’s largest HERS QA Providers. BER clients are found throughout the US.
BER offers competitive wages, benefits and opportunities for advancement. BER team members have the added benefit of working from home most days. Our Field Quality Assurance team members travel throughout the US performing field QA.
If you are looking for a career with a growing company in the energy efficiency industry, BER might be the place for you.
Please check this page frequently for new career opportunities.
BER Technical Specialist
Building Efficiency Resources (aka "The BER") is a national energy efficiency training and quality assurance organization. As a third-party RESNET Quality Assurance and Training Provider, our mission is to provide our clients with industry-leading technical and customer support, while maintaining the highest standards in our industry.
The BER is seeking an experienced professional within the home energy rating industry to serve as a Technical Associate. This individual will primarily support our quality assurance division by performing field and file QA reviews, as well as provide technical support to our Rater clients. Additionally, this person will support BER’s Professional Services division through performing energy modeling, HVAC design, and technical administration services.
Candidates shall possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Certified HERS Rater
- Energy modeling experience using one or more of the following: REM/Rate, Wrightsoft, Elite, ResCheck
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- High degree of computer literacy, including fluency in REM/Rate, MS Office, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with the tools of the trade (blower door, duct blaster, IR, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of building science, HVAC, construction, energy efficiency programs and industry standards
- Experience in customer service and support
Additional preferred qualifications include:
- Experience in rating at least 25 homes
- Project management experience
- Manual J, S, D, and T certification
- Commercial energy auditing/modeling experience
- BPI / NATE / LEED / PHIUS / NAHB / IR, etc. certifications
- Current QAD certification and previous Provider management experience
- Energy efficiency training experience
The BER is a national company which conducts the majority of its business in a virtual setting. Therefore, our employees enjoy the ability to work from the comfort of their home office. However, travel will be required for up to two months per year. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please send one page resume and one page cover letter that explains why you think you would be an ideal candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.